You’ve made it through law school, maybe have a few years of practicing law under your belt, and understand what you like and don’t like in the profession of law. However, you have not found your groove or the place to work where you feel respected and can work hard while still having a good time. Finding balance is tough; finding good coworkers is tough; finding a place which will nurture your career and give you the tools to succeed is also tough. RKW Law Group believes that it can help you achieve those long term career goals.
RKW was founded by four friends who became law partners because they respect each other, they value good legal skills and they all share the same common goal of keeping client interests first. Working collaboratively toward their individual and firm success, RKW’s approach to client commitment means never settling for good enough.
RKW Law Group is built on the foundation of supporting clients as well as its attorneys in making educated and calculated decisions which help them succeed. Critical among this commitment to the firm’s clients is also a collegial (if not jovial) atmosphere, where the doors of all of the partners are always open for collaboration, mentorship or marketing brain-storming. In addition to helping its attorneys succeed in practicing law, among the other shared values of the partners is a commitment to supporting attorneys’ growing their practices. Shunned by many firms, marketing ideas and efforts are encouraged, cultivated and full participation in firm events is the welcome norm.
If you are interested in looking to join the RKW family, please contact us at careers@RKWlawgroup.com.
We proactively recruit lateral hires as and when our practice needs dictate, however we are always open to inquiries from accomplished attorneys who bring with them a robust book of business, both within and outside of our established areas of practice.
Paralegals, Professionals & Support
RKW is seeking a Marketing Associate to join our team in Owings Mills, Maryland. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is friendly, organized, and seeking a dynamic, friendly team-oriented work environment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work with the firm’s partners to establish and carry out a strategic marketing plan that effectively promotes RKW and the services we provide.
- Develop and manage the firm’s marketing and content calendar, including email newsletters, website updates, social media posts, press releases, community engagement events and other marketing efforts.
- Create, develop, and promote content on social media; increase followers; communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner, and monitor social engagement.
- Work one-on-one with attorneys and staff to evaluate best practices for social media and help push out content via their own accounts.
- Collaborate with the firm’s attorneys to plan, promote, and execute presentations, webinars, and podcasts.
- Develop marketing materials for targeted audiences and specific practice areas.
- Maintain responsibility over the firm’s brand integrity by overseeing the copywriting and image creation of all print marketing materials including logos, images, letterhead, business cards, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Write and issue press releases.
- Deliver reports on monthly analytics across web and social platforms, recommend improvements and identify growth opportunities; stay up to date on new tech and trends and ways the firm can best leverage them.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the firm’s work in order to effectively and appropriately promote the firm and its lawyers to the right media audience.
- Handle internal and external marketing, branding, and business development.
- Daily proactive communication with team about issues and ideas.
- Professionally represent firm at in-person events.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, PR, communications, business, journalism or related field, or equivalent experience, required.
- Experience in Marketing or a related field.
- Excellent writing, communication, editing and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of web and email systems, public relations, brand messaging, and social platforms - basic graphic design skills, video and audio editing are also desired.
- Previous experience planning and managing social media content in a professional services firm or law firm strongly preferred.
- Understanding of traditional marketing, digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with varied timelines and deadlines.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and quality control required.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong team player who also performs well independently.
- A background in the legal industry is strongly preferred.
This job description describes the general nature of the job and does not represent that all duties will be performed by all individuals who hold the job. This job description does not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform.
Full-time position located primarily in Owings Mills, Maryland with occasional trips to our office in Frederick, Maryland. After a period of time, occasional remote and work-from-home flexibility.
RKW is a law firm comprised of progressive-minded leaders and client advocates who believe in providing high-quality and timely client service. We regularly and openly communicate with our team members and care about our employees’ professional development. Apply to meet us and learn more!
Ability to move at a fast pace, lift up to 25 pounds, sit or stand for long periods of time, read from a computer screen, bend, lift, sit, crouch, carry, type, operate electronic equipment, and speak.
RKW reserves the right to determine the amount of time each week that employee will spend performing each of such duties and may amend the duties and responsibilities from time-to-time without notice.
This position reports to the Co-Managing Partners.
RKW, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the maintenance of an employment environment which is welcoming of persons from diverse backgrounds and free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, and in which all the legal rights of our employees are recognized and protected.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.